Facebook icon Twitter icon YouTube icon

Animal Control Services


Don Bridgen
Animal Control Officer

Don Bridgen 519-563-0003

The Town of Essex is a pet-friendly community. We strive to keep the people and the pets of our community safe by offering several programs and providing by-laws governing animals and pets. The following links provide important information on how different pets are controlled within the Town:

How do I contact the Animal Control Officer?

The Town of Essex provides animal control services through Essex County K9 Services. The Animal Control Officer acts as the Town's dog catcher and responds to calls regarding stray dogs or dogs running at large. In many cases Essex County K9 Services is able to reunite pet owners and pets as a result of the Town's dog licensing system, or in response to a pet owner's call to report a lost pet.

To report a stray or lost animal, contact Essex County K9 Services by calling 519-816-7627.

Essex County K9 Services posts photographs of lost dogs on their Facebook page. Like the Animal Control Services Facebook Page to get regular notices of lost pets.