Essex Fun Fest - 2014
It's festival time again! This year's Essex Fun Fest takes place from July 11 to 13 and offers something for everyone.
Vendors and volunteers are needed.
Essex Fun Fest parade application
- Essex Fun Fest Parade Entry form (coming soon)
The Essex Fun Fest Parade is a judged competition, with awards in both commercial and non-commercial categories. The theme of this annual parade is selected by the Fun Fest Committee several months in advance of the event. This year's theme is Salute to Sports. There is no cost to participate in the parade and all entries are accepted.
Schedule of Events
The following is a preliminary list of events:
Friday, July 11
- Carter Shows midway opens for the weekend
- Bavarian Gardens - Open at 5 p.m.
- Official Festival Opening at 8:45 p.m.
Saturday, July 12
- Fun Fest Parade at 11 a.m.
- Essex Cruise Day
- Essex Horticultural Society Show and Bake Sale, Noon to 4 p.m. at Essex United Church
- Essex Youth Centre Running of the Balls at 1 p.m.
Sunday, July 13
- Interdenominational Church Service, Sadler's Park at 8 a.m.
- Fun Fest Breakfast at Essex United Church, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Pet Show registration at 11 a.m.
- Rise to Fame Youth Talent Search at 1 p.m.
- Fun Fest Fireworks at 10 p.m.
What does the Festival Committee do?
The Essex Festival Committee is responsible for organizing events as part of the Essex Fun Fest, including the parade, midway, vendor booths, and entertainment. Other responsibilities include advertising, promotion and security.
The Essex Fun Fest takes place on the second full weekend of July and runs from Friday to Sunday.
The Fun Fest does not get municipal funding directly. It is expected to be self-funding through revenues. The Corporate Services Department appoints a staff member to act as Treasurer for the Festival Committee to ensure that expenditures are approved in accordance with the annual budget and the procurement by-law.
One Council member and up to 14 members from the public are appointed to serve on this committee. The use of an Executive Committee structure by the Festival Committee is authorized, provided that minutes are kept of Executive Committee meetings and forwarded to the full committee for approval at the earliest opportunity.
Contact the Essex Festival Committee to find out more about how you can get involved.