The Town of Essex recognizes the valuable contributions made by community organizations and agencies to improve the well-being of the community and the quality of life for its residents. In recognition of these contributions, the Town is committed to providing assistance to such organizations through its municipal grant program, the Essex Community Partnership Fund.
The Essex Community Partnership Fund provides funding on an annual basis through the Town’s operating budget and allocates such funding to qualifying organizations through an annual application process.
Organizations which meet all of the following criteria may be considered for a grant under this funding program:
- Registered charitable organization, registered not-for profit organization or a volunteer group;
- Organizations must provide services that fall into one of the following funding categories:
- Social and community services;
- Seniors or youth;
- Historical and cultural events or organizations;
- Fundraisers for municipal projects;
- Community beautification and protection or preservation of the environment;
- Disaster relief; or
- Purchase of advertising in event program booklets or yearbooks.
- Organizations must provide services that directly benefit the general public within the Town of Essex;
- Organizations must be located in the Town of Essex or provide a service specific to the Town, with the majority of participants being from the Town of Essex; and
- Grant applicants related to a religious organization must demonstrate that a distinct line of separation exists within its program and budgets between strictly religious activities and community service programs.
How to apply
Applicants are encouraged to review the Municipal Grant Policy, which governs the Essex Community Partnership Fund.
Be sure to submit your completed Essex Community Partnership Fund Application before the deadline on September 30.